Re: [css3-text-layout] New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc.

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:12:20 +0900
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> Interesting that even in predominantly vertical writing, there are
> still some horizontal parts, such as the picture caption. I wonder if
> the epub mechanism for switching everything to ttb would also affect
> such explicitly declared rtl descendants.

Such mixture is very common especially in magazines.  Even simple books have
such mixture.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-jlreq-20090604/#fig1_14-en

I am aware that an EPUB implementation from ACCESS successfully uses
‘writing-mode’ and other properties (not logical properties) in CSS3 Text layout
for creating sophisticated layout, which heavily combines both vertical
and horizontal writing.

Cheers,
Makoto