Re: [CSS21] [css3-lists] list-style-position: inside

On 2010-06-03 2:04 PM, fantasai wrote:
> I've been reviewing hixie's testcases, and came across this one
> http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/css/box/list/list-style-position/inside/001-demo.html
>

> The behavior expected there does not seem to be specified by the CSS2.1
> spec.
> However it *is* implemented in Opera and Konqueror. (Firefox does something
> different.)
>
> I'm wondering
> a) What other implementations do

As far as I can tell, this isn't implemented in Opera. There seem to be
three distinct behaviors.

A. Three instances of the marker "1." being placed immediately in each
of their respective boxes on three separate lines. See Firefox 3.6.4
Build 6 (Beta); IE8; and IE9 Platform Preview 1.9.7766.6000.

B. The test matches the reference in the test with all markers appearing
on a single line as "1. 1. 1.". See Chrome 6.0.422.0 (Beta) and Safari
4.0.5.

C. There's one marker on one line appearing as "1.". See Opera 10.53.
(Given that the marker text appears to be bold, my guess is that Opera
is, in fact, rendering all three markers, but has stacked them all in
the exact same location.)