Re: [css3-text-layout] margin-before/after/start/end etc. and :ttb pseudo-classes

On 06/06/2010 06:32 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2010, at 5:20 PM, fantasai wrote:
>
>> On 06/06/2010 04:28 PM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>>> Also sprach MURATA Makoto:
>>>
>>>   >   So,
>>>   >
>>>   >   >     :lrt   horizontal writing is supported and @dir has been set to 'lrt'
>>>   >   >     :rtl   horizontal writing is supported and @dir has been set to 'rtl'
>>>   >   >     :ttb   vertial writing is supported and the initial value of
>>>   >   >            'writing-mode' is 'tb-rl'
>>>   >
>>>   >   is different from what I wrote as "pseudo-selectors based on values specified in
>>>   >   documents or stylesheets ".
>>>
>>> Right.
>>>
>>> Does this mean you could live with the definition, as quoted above?
>>
>> The last one doesn't make any sense to me. The initial value of 'writing-mode'
>> is 'lr-tb' by definition.
>
> I took that to mean that the mechanism to change the default writing mode, which
> lies somewhere outside the document and style sheet (as we have most recently
> been talking about it), has changed the mode to 'tb-rl', as though that was the
> initial value.

Sorry, you'll have to explain what exactly you mean by that.

The initial value is what I get if I, as an author, set 'writing-mode' to the
keyword 'initial', or, if I , as an author, set 'writing-mode' to inherit on
the root element. Are you saying that this value should be changed by the UA?

~fantasai