Re: [css3-text-layout] margin-before/after/start/end etc. and :ttb pseudo-classes

On Jun 6, 2010, at 5:20 PM, fantasai wrote:

> On 06/06/2010 04:28 PM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>> Also sprach MURATA Makoto:
>>
>>  >  So,
>>  >
>>  >  >    :lrt   horizontal writing is supported and @dir has been set to 'lrt'
>>  >  >    :rtl   horizontal writing is supported and @dir has been set to 'rtl'
>>  >  >    :ttb   vertial writing is supported and the initial value of
>>  >  >           'writing-mode' is 'tb-rl'
>>  >
>>  >  is different from what I wrote as "pseudo-selectors based on values specified in
>>  >  documents or stylesheets ".
>>
>> Right.
>>
>> Does this mean you could live with the definition, as quoted above?
>
> The last one doesn't make any sense to me. The initial value of 'writing-mode'
> is 'lr-tb' by definition.

I took that to mean that the mechanism to change the default writing mode, which lies somewhere outside the document and style sheet (as we have most recently been talking about it), has changed the mode to 'tb-rl', as though that was the initial value.