Re: [css3-text-layout] margin-before/after/start/end etc. and :ttb pseudo-classes

On Jun 5, 2010, at 11:07 PM, "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp
 > wrote:

>> I am not sure I understand what is the problem and what complexities
>> you are talking about.
>
> OK.  Let me try again.
>
> At present, we have (1) writing-mode specified in stylesheets, (2)
> the ability
> of browsers, and (2) the writing mode chosen by users.  If we
> introduce
> @dir="ttb", etc., we will have (4) the writing-mode specified in
> documents.
> We have to define conflict resolutions; for example, what happens
> when @dir="ttb",
> the writing-mode property is "rtl", and the user choose "rtl"?

Then the browser changes the writing-mode property to 'rtl'. Perhaps
this is even the primary way of fulfilling the user's preference.