RE: [CSS21] bidi, text-align, and list markers

I thought the footnote example was reasonable.

However, if bullets are only follow one direction, it can cause confusion.
(Might be unavoidable.)

For example, the footnote example confused me a bit because I wasn’t sure if
the ending periods were bullets or not.

If the chosen direction is RTL, then it might be confusing to have LTR
items:

                                                                        Item
1

                                                                        Item
2

A long multiline item that wraps perhaps 3

                       And so this item and the next 4

                                        items are now unclear.

I am trying to show that the 4 could be a bullet number or could be part of
the wrapped phrase “next 4 items”.

Having multiple directions also makes sublists more complex…

tex