Re: [css3-text-layout] margin-before/after/start/end etc. and :ttb pseudo-classes

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 08:25:51 +0900
To: www-style@w3.org
> Murata-san -- I think -- might be satisfied if there was a way to say 'when the user's
>preference is set to vertical text, the following rules apply'.

Yes, such a mechanism makes me much happier than now.  Thanks for digging the
spec carefully.

> Finally, Murata-san, isn't there a need for the document author to specify 'vertical is the default' too?
> Should dir="ttb" be proposed for HTML 5?

I still  think that vertical/horizontal writing is a style issue rather than a content issue.  When the
author would like to specify "vertical is the default", he should specify the writing-mode property
within a stylesheet.

Cheers,
Makoto