Re: Logical property *values* (Re: [css3-text-layout] New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc.)

"L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote on 2010/06/02 3:42:29
> On Wednesday 2010-06-02 03:30 +0900, MURAKAMI Shinyu wrote:
> > We need one more group, the only values that make sense are those
> > equivalent to 'before' and 'after'. The 'caption-side' is such case.
> > I want top=right and bottom=left in block-flow:rl vertical text and
> > top=left and bottom=right in block-flow:lr vertical text for
> > this group.
>
> 'caption-side' actually had all four sides in CSS 2.0, and
> presumably will again in css3-tables.  Additionally, for
> css3-tables, I think the group already agreed to add 'top-outside'
> and 'bottom-outside' in addition to 'top' and 'bottom'.
>
> So it should probably be a third group.

Ok. but on UAs only support two sides for 'caption-side',
'top' should be treated as 'before' for fallback.
For such UAs, 'caption-side' will be second group.

--
ζ‘δΈŠ ηœŸι›„ (MURAKAMI Shinyu)
http://twitter.com/MurakamiShinyu