Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Tab, can you reply with a link or the text of the simplest example you can craft that shows what you consider a valid rendering in non-Chrome and an invalid rendering in Chrome?
>
> I'd like to take a look at it to see what in-browser testability I can squeeze out of it.

Certainly.  These two are roughly equivalent - at least, they both hit
pure white at the same length, which should be *roughly* equivalent to
requiring they hit the 2% point at the same length.

In Firefox:
data:text/html,<!DOCTYPE html><title>Test</title><div
style="width:200px; height:300px; -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 62px
black"></div>

In Chrome on Linux, and maybe Windows:
data:text/html,<!DOCTYPE html><title>Test</title><div
style="width:200px; height:300px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 100px
black;"></div>

The Firefox rendering is correct for a blur-length of 44px - it
differs from a true gaussian with stdev of 22px by 6 color units at
max.

~TJ