[css21] ISSUE-138

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:46:19 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I have missed part of the conversation apparently and what I have agreed with is not exactly what is in the final text...

The behavior where floats are not affected by inline relative container is in fact closer to Quirks Mode behavior. We have changed that, I believe in IE6, with understanding that relative positioning should affect everything within the relative container, including

* blocks
* floats
* fixed-positioned elements

I think I can live with either solution, but it seems to me the model would be the most consistent and understandable if "relative" affected all of the above. Or none. An in-between solution seems strange, especially as it will bring some compatibility issues in an any case.

See the attached test for comparison.