Re: [CSS3 Values] "rem" unit underdefined when there is no root element

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:27:52 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 7/21/10 7:29 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> In what situations do you have no root element?

When someone has removed it from the DOM from JS.  Note that after that
point style data might still need to be computed for getComputedStyle
calls (which is how I encountered the situation).

dbaron also mentioned that might be media query situations which have
similar issues, but I don't know the details.

-Boris