Re: if conditions again

From: Sebastian Hennebrueder <usenet@laliluna.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:18:09 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Am 19.07.10 02:12, schrieb Sylvain Galineau:
> [...]

Assuming that only css versions can be checked in if conditions, a
browser vendor can only decide between parsing or not parsing a block like
@if(css.version = 55){

If a browser wants to be better then other browsers, it will take a
great effort to implement this as complete and as fast as possible. In
turn it increases the pressure on specs to be more easily to implement.

> Besides, partial implementations of specs and modules already
> happens.

It happens but in my opinion this makes creating CSS a lot more complex
as it should be. You need to be aware of all the features of all the
browsers instead of just knowing what is in CSS version x.

Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence