Re: if conditions again

From: "sam" <samuelp@iinet.net.au>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:08 PM
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <andrew.fedoniouk@live.com>; "Sebastian Hennebrueder"
<usenet@laliluna.de>; "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: if conditions again

> isn't this encouraging/enabling partial implementation of CSS?

I don't really know what exactly is non-partial (a.k.a. full)
implementation of modular CSS3.

E.g. some UAs support the transition feature - some not.
Some UAs may have optional transition that is configurable
by the user. In some circumstances UAs may switch some features
in run-time, e.g. in low hardware profiles. Ideally author should
be able to create styles that are flexible in such situations.

Another particular example: gradient transitions on border-radius
are optional in CSS. How author can configure his/her style
sheets to use this feature? Without feature discoverability
declaration of such things in CSS is absolutely meaningless -
no one will rely on existence of this and so no one can use it.
I would say that feature discoverability will rather help to evolve CSS.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com