Re: if conditions again

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <andrew.fedoniouk@live.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:18:47 -0700
To: "Sebastian Hennebrueder" <usenet@laliluna.de>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
From: "Sebastian Hennebrueder" <usenet@laliluna.de>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:23 AM
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: if conditions again

> Hi all,
>
> I followed the discussion on conditions in CSS in the thread (see 2) and
> were surprised that it ended suddenly.
>
> In my opinion there is a need for conditions for a number of reasons. But
> I would not check for individual features but for standards and browsers.
>
> Syntax sample inspired by Zack Weinberg (see 5)
> @if ( css-support <= 3){
> }
> @elsif (css-support = 3){
> }
> @else{
>
> }

There is no need for new syntax constructions as @media (media queries)
feature is already there.

If needed we can add MQ pseudo-function like supports(feature):

@media supports( border-radius )  { .... }
@media supports( transitions ) { .... }
@media supports( flex-units ) { .... }
etc.

Each CSS3 module should define canonical "feature names" then.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com