Re: Pseudo-selector for virtual elements

2010/7/12 Eduard Pascual <herenvardo@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> In any case, now I am even more convinced that a request for a CSS
> feature to work-around the mark-up's inability to describe a structure
> is quite a symptom of a flaw on the mark-up language. In other words,
> the use cases should be addressed by HTML through explicit structuring
> elements.

I agree, but there are cases where it is justified, like if I want to
group several <li> in a list for showing something like a table where
an actual table isn't appropriate (like an image gallery). If I
instead do something like this:

<ul>
<ligroup>
<li></li>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ligroup>
<ligroup>
<li></li>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ligroup>
<ligroup>
<li></li>
<li></li>
</ligroup>
</ul>

I'm using the grouping element merely for presentational purposes—as
in dividing a row of each one and keeping three columns, so a CSS
workaround is desirable.