Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:12:54 -0400
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're testing with 5px blurs, right? Simon has admitted that interop disappears on larger blur values (at least for box-shadow and text-shadow), due to a bug, so you should be testing larger blurs before claiming interop.

No, not 5px, five standard deviations.  That was only the test I
wrote, though.  The test Philip wrote tested canvas for a huge range
of blur values, all superimposed, and three out of five browsers
looked correct to me.  Again, they might not actually have identical
RGB values, but close enough that I can't tell easily even if they're
superimposed, let alone side-by-side.