Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:59:42 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Firefox doesn't seem to support feGaussianBlur.)

David Baron points out that it does, and I conclude that I must have
been hallucinating.  :)  On Linux, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome all show
my SVG example pixel-perfect.  On Windows 7, with an opening <body>
tag added, IE9PP2, Opera 10.60, and Safari 5 all display the canvas
example identically (Firefox and Chrome are different), and all of
those that I also got to display the SVG example (which is only Opera)
displayed both pages identically.

So basically, SVG and canvas have pixel-perfect interop on
shadows/blur (modulo clear bugs in a couple of browsers), and I
strongly think CSS should as well.