Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Jul 13, 2010, at 5:06 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> At least as I understand him, there is no reason to expect readers of
> the specification will have difficulty predicting the dimensions of
> the shadow knowing the radius parameter and the specification but not some particular graphics library, due to following the advice above.

And yet implementors reading the specification (the one with radius) HAVE cone up with very different results, that apparently went undetected for years, as there was no obvious way to know if the function was producing correct results or not.

And in the end, once implementors are done implementing this, they can put it out if their head, largely. Whereas authors will collectively be writing it hundreds or thousands of times a day. It should make sense to non-mathematician authors, not just implementors reading the spec to know what functions to call.