Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:36:46 -0700
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Thanks for the summary, Brad.

On Jul 13, 2010, at 7:15 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> Arguments in favor of the distance measuring the Entire blur region width (current spec language):
>
> 3) A blur width that is an odd number of pixels in total blur width should be possible (with one less pixel on the inside than the outside, say).

Surely this isn't an argument in favor of this behavior for blur? The "outward blur only" behavior does not have to have any special discussion for the handling of odd values for the blur amount, but "entire blur region" does.

I'm strongly biased in favor of the "outward blur only" behavior, for the reasons you cite.

Simon