Re: A List Apart: Articles: Prefix or Posthack

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:33:29 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: www-stylelist <www-style@w3.org>
On 7/8/10 5:47 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> I'm just saying that a period of overlap would be beneficial to authors

Sure.  At what point did I say there should be no overlap?

> and apparently not that detrimental to UAs (such as Safari or IE).

Different UAs make different decisions.  In our case, the maintenance
burden and code complexity involved in keeping the properties around
forever doesn't seem to be worth it.  Perhaps organizations with more
manpower would choose to make the opposite tradeoff.

-Boris