Re: [css21][css3][svg] SVG and unit-less length values

On 7/7/10 8:18 AM, Chris Lilley wrote:
> Agree about the loophole, not desirable (but hard to normatively link to all future CSS specs, too. Besides, CSS might in future define some properties with optional units).
>
> The easy fix being s/CSS2 [CSS2]/CSS/ ? or some other fix?

It seems to me that saying that properties defined by SVG but not CSS
have optional units while properties defined by CSS use whatever the CSS
syntax is (without referencing a particular version of CSS) would be
future proof in the relevant ways... as long as there are no future name
collisions, which is something I think we all agree would be bad.

-Boris