[css3-transitions] transitioning a shorthand

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:38:58 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Currently per http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transitions/ certain shorthand
properties such as 'margin' cannot be transitioned. This causes the
sliding effect on http://slides.html5rocks.com/ to break in Opera as
apparently transitioning the 'margin' shorthand does work in WebKit
(reportedly also in Gecko nightlies, but I could not get the site to work)
and why it failed in Opera was not evaluated or maybe not even tested.
Given that properties can evolve in shorthand properties over time and
that certain shorthand properties such as 'border-width' are already
included I think we should add those shorthand properties (including
'margin') that are missing.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/