Re: [CSS21] Issue 149 - px vs. pt

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  There effectively are different viewports today. On an iPhone, a web page
> is told it renders on a viewport much larger than it physically is. That 1”
>
> may turn into 1/10 of an inch until I zoom it up.

Zooming is an orthogonal issue. Assertions about the meaning of units are
only true when the UA is not applying zooming. The ratio of two lengths
should be independent of the zoom factor, but I'm not sure what else we can
say.

Given this, if my home page has a stylesheet with a media query for (min-width:
> 254truemm) and another for (min-width:19”), what happens ? Should
>
> they both match ?

You could get any combination of results, depending on the device.

Rob
53:5-6]