Re: [css3-transitions] starting and reversing animations

On Jan 29, 2010, at 8:05 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>> No, the transition properties are taken from the destination style.
>
> Wow, that's *completely* unclear, and also different from what I had
> gathered from examples used on the mailing list.  Yeah, in that case
> examples are *absolutely required*, since there's no mention of that
> anywhere in the spec and it runs contrary to what I would have
> thought.

That is how I thought it worked. But if you do set it on "div", then "div:hover" will have it also, right? Since it is still a div as you hover over it, and assuming you haven't set it to something else (such as 'transition-duration:0') else in the "div:hover" rule?