RE: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

Then surely recommending that each browser pick one is unlikely to
be satisfactory. It may appear better, at the margin, than not doing
anything but as long as they have to work around one of the available
renderings, this is interop pain for authors. One that is likely to result
in advice to stick to one border color when using border-radius.

> Note case #10. (B) variant I think is least controversial.

To the extent the author has no way to control these corner gradients,
defining something reasonable is all we can do. I don't expect we'll
satisfy everyone. But I'd rather have it work the same across browsers and
thus satisfy all the authors who are OK with our choice rather than allowing
everyone to do anything - or even nothing at all - thus maximizing author
frustration by making the feature unusable in practice.

Overall, I keep hearing from multiple sources with experience that using a
conic gradient is the least controversial option so I find it hard to believe
that there are so many alternatives that years of cross-browser incompatibility
are necessary to agree on an interoperable solution.