Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

From: Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:38:46 +0100
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, if 200% was the default zoom, then the UI would reflect that, and you would see a checkmark next to it in the Zoom menu. Thus, there would be a change if you changed it to something else.

I'm still not too convinced about letting the designer choose a zoom
level. First of all, I think it doesn't make sense since if you want
something twice as big by default, you just design it as being twice
as big. Secondly, I think it overlooks the actual reason _why_ the
designer might want to set the default scaling factor. Is it to ensure
that the rendering is not too small on a high-res display, or what?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta