Re: [css3-selectors] Grouping

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Nikita Popov <privat@ni-po.com> wrote:
> I think that the variant with brackets I proposed is little bit better,
> because it  could  be more widely used, e.g.
> input([type=submit], [type=number], ...)
> ("could" because I don't know, whether something like this, would be
> good...)

There's still no need to extend the syntax there.  You can do that
with the pseudoclass:

input:any([type=submit],[type=number]) {}

I don't think there's anything you could do with parens in selectors
that wouldn't be possible with the pseudoclass.  As well, you stay
within existing syntax, which means we don't have to change the
grammar and possibly introduce new bugs.