Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com> wrote:

> And what about characters that do have Unicode code points but display
> as blank spaces in most systems?

Your custom font would be used to render them.

And how many web fonts do you make? If you have 100 articles and each
> contain different undisplayable glyphs, do you wait until all 100
> articles are done, make one web font, and put it all online; or do you
> make 100 web fonts? What if a month later you have more articles with
> more undisplayable glyphs?

That's up to you. I imagine, perhaps naively, that there are tools that make
it easy to copy glyphs from one font to another.

Anyway, the best way to render glyphs for which the user has no font is a
tangent to the subject of this thread :-)

Rob
53:5-6]