Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

On 2010/01/07 09:16 (GMT-0500) Boris Zbarsky composed:

> earlier at 10:16:28 (GMT+0100), Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>> My vote goes to moving px from being a relative to being an absolute
>> unit of measure, equal to 3/4pt.

> Then there would be no unit at all to express "visible size" in CSS.
> That's what px do right now, and imo is the one thing that's most
> important for units used in CSS....

I can sympathize with that opinion in the context of UI and theme authors,
but IMO the ability of web page stylists to exercise the same power upon
screen media is precisely what indirectly causes millions of inaccessible and
unusable web pages, and directly limits the ability of the web to exercise
its flexible and adaptable inherent nature. Until the size of a px becomes
easily controlled by normal users, if it ever happens, ordinary screen media
stylists should be disallowed from using px to size.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/