Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:29:48 +1300
To: Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com
> wrote:

> If UAs make an effort instead to implement things properly,
> working around broken sites with something similar to the Quirks mode
> or other workaround used to deal with messy pages, it can be fixed.

I considered making pt non-physical in quirks mode only. However, given that
HTML email commonly contains font sizes in pt, I expect that there are
mailing list archives that present such email in standards mode. I don't see
how such archives can really be fixed, even if there was a will to fix them.

Rob
53:5-6]