Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

From: Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:11:30 +0100
To: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Pixel perfection is an illusion in the eye of the stylist only. It's
> irrelevant for normal web users and across user agents.

Of course, the question is: how do we make content creators understand
this? (And breaking the CSS spec, I would dare say, is not the way ;-)

> The ability to size
> for screen media in px for anything other than images should never have been
> in the CSS spec in the first place, and should be deprecated yesterday if not
> sooner.

This does however raise the question about how should images interact
with the rest of the content (think about images used as backgrounds
or for borders, for example).

Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta