Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

From: Giuseppe Bilotta <giuseppe.bilotta@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:11:30 +0100
To: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Pixel perfection is an illusion in the eye of the stylist only. It's
> irrelevant for normal web users and across user agents.

Of course, the question is: how do we make content creators understand
this? (And breaking the CSS spec, I would dare say, is not the way ;-)
)

> The ability to size
> for screen media in px for anything other than images should never have been
> in the CSS spec in the first place, and should be deprecated yesterday if not
> sooner.

This does however raise the question about how should images interact
with the rest of the content (think about images used as backgrounds
or for borders, for example).

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta