Re: breaking overflow

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:36:38 -0800
Cc: James Hopkins <james@idreamincode.co.uk>, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>, Niels Matthijs <niels.matthijs@internetarchitects.be>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Jan 2, 2010, at 7:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> By the way, the "specific and bizarre HTML" I was referring to was this:
>
> <ul
>> <li>foo</li
>> <li>bar</li
>> <li>baz</li
>> </ul>
>
> This embeds the whitespace you use to prettyprint your code inside the
> tags, so there's no whitespace at all in the content.  I've only had
> to do this once, though, and I felt pretty bad about it.

Oh, I get you (although your greater-than signs got converted into quoting characters in my e-mail, but I figured out what you meant). I've had similar issues with styling links as buttons and wanting two next to each other with just a couple pixels of margin. Controlling the HTML allowed me to not have spaces between, and I just forwent the code prettiness.