Re: breaking overflow

> On Dec 31, 2009, at 9:50 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Specifically, one of the common uses for float-containment is to make
>> a <ul> properly wrap around its floated <li> children in a horizontal
>> nav menu.  This problem will be solved properly by Flexbox or its
>> successor.
>
> It's solved pretty easily by using 'display:inline-block' instead of
> floats.

What happens if you require the UL to expand-to-fill it's parent? When
applying 'width:100%', 'box-sizing:border-box' takes care of any
horizontal padding, but horizontal margins applied to the element
would still be a problem, which is why I suggest a control that has no
other behavioral characteristics (such as altering an element's
computed width)