RE: vendor prefix properties diverging from official properties

From: Zack Weinberg [mailto:zweinberg@mozilla.com]

>Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 2) For the nth time, no "additional feature" has been required here,
>> at least by me. If you want to use your browser's corner gradient
>> support you'd stick to -<vendor>-border-radius, which is all that
>> exists today.

Given that this recommendation, as currently specified, may result in different renderings or no support for this behavior at all on some platforms, we will have divergences between implementations of the prefixed property. I'm not sure why that's a better alternative than using the prefixed version for its intended experimental purpose. I understand, however, that there may not be a precedent here and that maintaining both is unusual.