Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:08:54 -0600
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> If the opt-in means requiring a sharp color join in CSS3 and enabling
> gradients
> via another property in CSS4, then that's not acceptable to me.

Nor to me.

I agree completely with Elika here - minor differences in the
appearance of the gradient until impls stabilize is *not* a big deal
as long as no impl does it in an objectively *ugly* way.  (Some people
will always want pixel-perfect reproduction between browsers, but they
can't achieve that with many existing properties, so I don't think
it's a valid desire to try and fulfill.)