Re: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients recommended but undefined

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:13:09 -0800
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
CC: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 01/27/2010 02:02 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [...]

Wrt your comment and
   <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Feb/0019.html>
I propose the following:

Append to the paragraph:

   # It is not defined what these transitions look like, but a gradient
   # is recommended for color transitions that don't involve dotted or
   # dashed borders.

the following text:

   | The start and end color stops should be given by the line segments
   | connecting the tips of the inner radii with the corresponding tips
   | of the outer radii, and the halfway point between the start and end
   | colors should align with the transition center defined above. Conical
   | gradients are suggested for gradient color transitions.

Please let me know if this sufficiently addresses your concern.

~fantasai