Re: [cssom] serializing <color>

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:51:55 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: CSS WG <www-style@w3.org>
On 2/16/10 11:44 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I grab the value of the color property for my PIR jquery addon, so I
> can generate an image with appropriate colors.  My color-parsing
> function is much complicated than it should be just so it can handle
> all possible variations correctly

So it sounds like you really want access to the "used color", right?  I
have no problem with whatever canonicalization we want for used colors,
or even computed ones.  I'm just not convinced that _specified_ colors
should be canonicalized.  That would lead to all sorts of weirdness like
.style.color not matching the string that appears in
getAttribute("style"), for example.

-Boris