Re: collapsible property

Daniel Danilatos wrote:
> 2010/2/11 Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>:
>> Daniel Danilatos wrote:
>>> Inferring orthogonal behaviour from line height or similar properties
>>> seems kinda hacky and potentially leading to all kinds of corner cases. I
>>> think it's clearer and simpler to have a property that defines exactly the
>>> desired behaviour (keep the block element open) and leave things like line
>>> height and min height to their independent meanings, without having to
>>> complicate them with extended interpretations
>>
>> Could you define the meaning of "the block element open"?
>
> non-collapsed and able to accommodate a cursor

If you think that "non-collapsed" makes things clear then no.

For example how you would classify this:

? As collapsed or no?

>> When element is "open" what height/width it should have?
>
> The same as when the current "tricks" to keep it open are applied,
> e.g. on webkit and firefox placing a <br> inside it, on IE a "magic"
> &nbsp; (that is not in the DOM but appears in the innerHTML...)

I think that p { min-height:1em; } is a least controversial solution
that you can get. And it works already.

And my condolences if you are in business of designing WYSIWYG editing
with CSS.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com