Re: [css21] computed value of letter-spacing vs word-spacing

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:54:58 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> While working on getComputedStyle I noticed these are not aligned in
>> their computed value definition. Can we fix that by changing
>> word-spacing to match letter-spacing (I think letter-spacing is more
>> logical) or is there a reason for the difference?
>
> Well, one obvious difference is that "normal" and "0" actually mean
> different things for letter-spacing but not for word-spacing, right?

As far as I can tell they mean different things for word-spacing too.
There is nothing in the definition that suggests they would be the same.
(Apart from the computed value line.)

Also, FYI, Gecko treats these properties as I suggested ;-) (WebKit does
the normal = 0 thing.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/