[css21] "Applies to:"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:45:48 +0100
To: "CSS WG" <www-style@w3.org>
Why are elements with display:none not excluded here?

The reason I'm asking is that for getComputedStyle browsers make a
difference between display:none elements and others. This matters for e.g.
margin, width, height, and maybe others. If display:none was taken into
account with "Applies to:" I could just write:

> If the property applies to the element or
> pseudo-element: the used value. Otherwise:
> the computed value.

That would simplify matters a little.

--
Anne van Kesteren