Re: Two CSS challenges

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:44:12 -0800
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Le Dim 26 décembre 2010 17:55, Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :
> Here is the link:
> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/like-a-button.htm
> it contains referential button that you can try. Please do this in IE as
other browsers did not manage to make button press right, I suspect for
reasons that I've mentioned.
> And now click on button-alike-span - that is how it should be done
> (consider this as requirement at least).
would like to avoid use of that label element - it is redundant. Ideally
CSS should allow to do such simple things.

On top of what I said, you may want to have a look to

Button Background Shift On :active Bug (IE8 bug)

:active pseudo-class not triggered on link text wrapped in an element in IE8

> what is your IE setting for styling display of form controls in
such IE version??

By that, I meant: Tools/Internet Options.../Advanced tab/Browsing
category/Enable visual style on buttons and controls in webpages

When a button is activated, it should look as if it is inset or as if it
has been depressed into the canvas and that's it: there is no accurate
specific rules to follow. Most browsers just switch the border around the
buttons from outset or solid to inset or toggle 2 system colors
(http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/ui.html#system-colors) for border and for

regards, Gérard
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC4 (December 10th 2010)

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite