From: Brady Duga [mailto:duga@ebooktechnologies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:36 PM
To: Koji Ishii
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css3-text] alternate name for line-break: newspaper

Oops, sorry - I think that was my request, but I never followed up on it. Since 'strict' is one proposed name, it seems like 'loose' makes sense. 'Looser' seems odd - if 'loose' gets added in the future, would 'looser' be looser than loose, or is loose looser than looser? Anything else I can think of just seems like a synonym for 'loose', which isn't very helpful if that is a word you are trying to avoid (though, 'promiscuous' would be a fun choice). 'Short-lines' would also work, though I suppose someone might want to use this when they don't have short lines or not use it when they do have short lines, so it suffers from the same problem as 'newspaper'. I don't like narrow-column as it may be confusing when used in the absence of explicit columns. 'Frequent' or 'open' might work, but I prefer 'loose'.

--Brady