RE: [CSS3 Text] text-underline-position

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

If I understand correctly, you're talking about two issues. One is about 'before-edge' and 'after-edge'. As you pointed out, they are gone in the current WD, so I don't think we need to worry about that.

I'm more curious about the other one you mentioned:

> I have a very good feeling in the behavior that the
> underline position with "auto" makes the position a
> little lower than that with "alphabetic" in the horizontal
> writing mode

Although current WD defines 'auto' as UA dependent, I think this should be added as an example so that implementers know how to implement a good underline rendering method for CJK.

Can you please share with us how you implement "make the position a little lower" in AH Formatter? Do you use the same position as "under", information from OpenType font, or any heuristic value?

Regards,
Koji