Re: [css3-background][css3-images] background-repeat: none and extend

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking that a better property name would have been background-fill:
>
> background-fill: [tile | tile-x | tile-y | extend | none]
>
> but it's probably too late to add that now.

Agreed on both points.

If I define an @image rule (which I'm thinking I will, though I'll
probably wait for Image Values 4), I'll likely name the property
'fill' or similar.

> One question is whether you'd ever want to both tile an image with
> infinite extent, and well as have 'extend' behavior. I could imagine
> wanting to tile radial gradients, yet have them all extend to get a
> a certain "wall of cones" type effect.

Hm, I'm not sure I understand.  Do you mean, do the whole
repeat-at-offsets thing that tiling does, but do an extend and then
composite all the images together?