Re: [CSS21] 4.3.2 Lengths (reference pixel?)

On 13/12/2010 19:49, Anton Prowse wrote:
> On 13/12/2010 15:21, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
>> Within CSS is is clearly incompatible with previous recommendations
>> and therefore in fact with all currently existing documents using CSS
>> with such units (whatever authors assume, how this should be presented
>> or not).
>
> Again, a valid argument which the WG must surely have taken on board.
> (For me personally, this is the strongest argument in favour of
> preserving the original units.)

As is clear from my posts, it's also the strongest argument in favour of
adopting the /new/ units!  It all depends on how many authors were using
the original units correctly as opposed to incorrectly.  My point was
that it's a valid concern that authors who were using them correctly now
find the rug pulled from under them.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net