Re: Defining safe areas for media devices and set top boxes

From: (wrong string) ão Eiras <joao-c-eiras@telecom.pt>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:09:55 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> Can you give concrete examples of content authors want to place in the unsafe area?

I really don't know what to answer. Are you suggesting that painting a background is a silver bullter for all problems related to safe areas ? That seems an overly optimistic assumption.

And do I need to repeat that element in the document might bleed out of the safe area to snap to the document edges, as they do elsewhere, regardless of whether they have significant content or not ? For instance, a video playing fullscreen, as I said before.