[css3-text] ISSUE-97: Text-align-last: justify center;

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 01:36:56 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi All,

I was reviewing ISSUE-97: Text-align-last: justify center[1] which was derived from "Minutes and Resolutions Tokyo F2F Wed PM: Japanese Layout Task Force Joint Meeting"[2].

I think we can resolve this issue by changing text-justify:distribute[3] behavior to center the text if no expansion opportunities exist.

I'm not sure how many other use cases count this value on than the "even inter-character spacing" defined in JLREQ[4]. If there are any, and this change can be harmful for such cases, please let me know.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/97
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Mar/0064.html
[3] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#text-justify
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/#en-subheading1_2_3