From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 02:39:28 +1100
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 4/12/2010 12:35 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:
> On 3/12/2010 2:01 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> I would presume vertical position wise, much like how IE9 renders it.
> Anyway, if the other implementations did what IE9 did, then the text
> would be more than contradictory since the text would appear backwards.
> Is this correct?

This is all different in rtl.

<http://css-class.com/test/temp/bidi-inline-run-in-rtl.htm>

In Boris's test, Opera, IE8 and IE9, begins the run-in on the start
(right) side of the block. Correct. In Opera, the <br> cause a split
which show the later part of the run-in of the left of the block. Safari
gets this wrong and places the run-in on the end (left) side of the block.

In the RTL test, Opera, IE8 and IE9 render the same where the full
run-in text is on the start (left) side of the block which is correct
(having direction: ltr), though the border is mangled in Opera. Safari
show the same as with Boris's test with the run-in on the left.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/