Re: [css3-images] image-rendering property for contrast-preserving image upscaling

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:59:51 +1300
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, public-fx@w3.org
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gimme a name for the new value and I'll add it to Image Values.

I think sometimes authors explicitly want nearest-neighbour (e.g. to expose
the pixel data of an image, perhaps in an editor), so we might want to
provide 'nearest-neighbor' explicitly.

For what James described as "optimize-contrast", maybe "optimize-contrast"
is the best name. Or maybe "preserve-contrast".

Rob