Re: [css3-images] Repeating oblique gradients

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:01:19 -0800
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
On Dec 1, 2010, at 4:18 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> My opinion is that background-repeat should only ever cause tiling to happen. It should not do magic things with gradients, like behave as if the color-stops were duplicated.

In my view, the magic is in Tabs version, in which a keyword behave as if the author duplicated the color-stops infinitely. What I'm suggesting is that background-repeat DOES cause tiling to happen, but that the degrees in the linear gradient are applied to the backgound layer plane instead of to each image individually.